28 February 2022
In response to the growing humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, local solicitor, Joanna Tobolska-Walczuk Adwokat and her sister are organising an emergency collection of the most needed items for the war refugees. (Please see below)
As showcased on various news reports families with small children, are fleeing to the eastern border of Poland near Lublin.
Joanna and her sister will be linking with the refugees centres located in and nearby to Lubin to provide support to the refugees.
Joanna is asking for your help and any support you can provide.
What is needed is:
• Blankets, bed clothes, towels, sleeping bags (clean)
• Dressings, bandages-factory packed
• Warm socks, underwear -male, female, child (new)
• Toiletries i.e. soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, antiseptic hand gels/sprays etc
• Toilet roll and paper towels, nappies, sanitary towels, wet wipes
• Paper plates, cups, single use cutlery etc
• Ready to eat canned food (not requiring heating or further cooking)
• Dry food i.e. fruits, nuts, crackers, cornflakes, rice crackers
• Coffee, tea, salt, sugar
• Bottled water, juices and other beverages.
Collection point details
Date: Monday 28th Feb to Friday 4th March 2022
Time: Between 1pm and 6pm
Location: Rockfield Medical Centre, 3-75 Doury Road, Ballymena, BT4 36JD
Collected items will be transferred to Poland hopefully over the next weekend or beginning of the following week.
The final destination is Izba Adwokacka in Lublin, Poland (Polish legal professionals authority) who will distribute the items to the most needy refugee centres along the Polish-Ukrainian border.
Your help would be most welcome.
For more information please contact
Joanna Tobolska-Walczuk Adwokat (Poland)
Solicitor (Northern Ireland)
Mobile 0751 3888 454