15 Dec 2022
The Subsidy Control Act 2022 - The new regime
||15 Dec 2022
||11:00 - 12:00
Thursday 15 December - 11am-12pm
Teams Link: Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 353 807 402 913
Download Teams | Join on the web
The new UK subsidy control regime will commence on January 4, 2023. The Department of Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Legal Team will be holding a session for lawyers to run through the new regime. The legal team at BEIS have been responsible with policy colleagues in BEIS, for negotiating the subsidy control provisions in the Trade and Corporation Agreement, developing the Subsidy Control Act, seeing the legislation through Parliament, and have more recently been working on the implementation of the regime. The session will cover:-
· The legal background for the new regime.
· The provisions of the Act - how to know if the support you are providing is a subsidy and the procedures that apply
· Prohibitions and Exemptions under the Act
· When to upload subsidies to the subsidy control database
· The role of the Subsidy Advice Unit in the Competition and Markets Authority
· Secondary legislation and statutory Guidance.
Interested in attending this event?