07 November 2016
The Post-Brexit Legal Landscape
|Date ||13 Dec 2016 |
|Time ||13:30 - 16:00 |
|Location ||Law Society House, 100 Victoria Street, Belfast |
|CPD Points ||3 General Group Study|
Much about Brexit is still unknown, but it will certainly be one of the most significant changes to the UK and Irish legal landscape since the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1921.
This conference brings together leading legal speakers from Northern Ireland, London and Dublin to examine a series of constitutional and economic issues.
Confirmed speakers, topics and chairs
- The Hon. John Cooke SC – Chair - TBC
- Margaret Gray BL, practicing in Belfast, Dublin and from Brick Court Chambers, London - Some implications for private and public law litigation
- Professor Christopher McCrudden, Queens University Belfast and Blackstone Chambers London - The devolved setting and fundamental rights
- Professor Derrick Wyatt QC, Brick Court Chambers, London – Brexit and Article 50 - glass half full, or glass half empty
- David Anderson QC - Brick Court Chambers, London - Brexit and the Border
- Dorit McCann– Carson McDowell Solicitors Belfast – Competition and state aid post Brexit
- Clare Archbold, Legal Advisor to the Department of Justice for Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland Executive: mechanisms to respond to the prospect of Brexit
To book and for more information: Go to www.icel.ie.
Rates: Standard: £100 | ICEL Members £60 | ICEL Associate Members £30