Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions relating to the use of the Law Society of Northern Ireland website are outlined here.
- Access to this web site is conditional upon your acceptance of and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers contained in this document (known as "Terms and Conditions").
- Your use of, and/or access to, the site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Law Society of Northern Ireland (“Law Society”) reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.
- Since you are bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should periodically refer to them in this document and elsewhere on the site.
Copy Right and Trademarks
(Intellectual property and restrictions on use of Content on the Site)
- All information, text, material, graphics and advertisements on the Site ("Content") are Copyright © Law Society of Northern Ireland, its suppliers and/or licensors unless expressly indicated otherwise on the Site.
- You must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this Content in any way except as expressly provided for on the Site or expressly authorised in writing by the Law Society of Northern Ireland.
- Strictly on the condition that you keep all Content intact and in the same form as presented on the Site (including without limitation all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices and all advertisements), you may:
- using an industry-standard Web browser, download and view the Content for your personal, non-commercial use, or
- if you are an Internet service and/or access provider, supply the Content to your subscriber.
Trade Marks of the Law Society of Northern Ireland
- All trade marks displayed on the Site are trademarks of the Law Society of Northern Ireland or their respective owners.
- Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right of use of any trademark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of the Law Society of Northern Ireland or third party owner.
- www.lawsoc-ni.org contains hyperlinks and other pointers to Internet web sites operated by third parties.
- These linked web sites are not under the control of the Law Society, and the Society is not responsible for the contents of any linked web site or any hyperlink contained in a linked web site.
- The Law Society provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked web site.
Limitation of Liability
- Under no circumstances (including but not limited to any act or omission on the part of the Law Society) will the Law Society of Northern Ireland be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss of profits whatsoever which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Site or any Content.
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that the Law Society of Northern Ireland does not exert control over users of the Site (including individuals referred to on the Site as guests and experts) and is not liable either for their opinions or their behaviour including any information and/or advice and any defamatory statements or offensive conduct.
- In order to access our online Members’ area, you must be a member of the Law Society of Northern Ireland.
- In order to access our Council Members area, you must be a Council Member with the Law School.
- You must take reasonable care to keep your password confidential.
- If you decide to tell someone your Password, they become your Nominee and are subject to these Conditions of Use.
- We recommend that you do not record your Password.
- If you do so, you are responsible for keeping any records of your Password secure and protected, and separate from any records of your username.
- You are liable for all transactions carried out by you or by anyone carrying out a transaction with your authority or express or implied consent, regardless of when the transaction is processed to your account.
- You should check your statements and records carefully. If you believe a transaction is wrong or unauthorised you should contact us immediately.
Web Site Availabilty
- We will make all reasonable effort to ensure that the Site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- However, electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown.
- Therefore, access to our web site is offered on an "as is" and "as available" basis only.
- This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of the agreement, which will continue in full force and effect.
- All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Your use of this web site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.