The SDLT statute book is now more complex than ever and, given the current trend, it is expected to continue down this path. With this in mind, it is becoming increasingly difficult to remain compliant with the ever-changing rules.
In this course, Nigel Thompson will be focussing on the new rules introduced from 6 April 2016 in respect of the higher rates of SDLT for additional residential property purchases.
In particular, he will cover:
· What is a dwelling?
Joint ownership; and
· What constitutes a main residence;
· Potential planning for higher rates and the pitfalls of the Targeted Anti-Avoidance provisions;
· What is a subsidiary dwelling and why is it free of higher rates;
· Multiple Dwellings Relief and how it works;
· Developers and Higher Rate Transactions;
· Interaction with the 15% super-rate;
· SDLT and trusts.
The course is designed to give you a practical overview of the new provisions and potential planning opportunities and will include case studies demonstrating how the rules relate to typical client scenarios.