Title of position: Solicitor in Private Practice
Full/Part-time/Maternity cover: Part - time with an opportunity to increase
Job details: specialisms, experience, skills, qualifications:
The Role Part-Time Solicitor in a busy Private Practice with opportunity for additional and full time work depending on experience and fit for the role.
As a Solicitor, you will provide pragmatic and timely advice to clients on all aspects of Family, Matrimonial and Children work, Conveyancing, Wills, Probate and Litigation.
The length and quality of your experience, your level of expertise and your desire for success in your career could present opportunities for progression within the firm. You will be dealing with the full range of property transactions, in particular the purchase, sale, re-mortgage and transfer of residential properties in Northern Ireland.
You will be required to conduct matters in the following areas on behalf of clients in a timely and cost-effective manner:
• Sales and Purchases of Land - both Land Registry and Registry of Deeds• Re-mortgages• Easements• Title rectification• Co-ownership Housing transactions• New Builds & Development
The role may involve some additional private client work such as:
• Taking Will instructions and drafting Wills• Administration of Estates• Execution and Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney• Controllership Applications• Children Order Applications before the FPC and FCC• Divorce and Ancillary Relief Applications
To be considered as a Solicitor, you will need to:
7 Be a Solicitor with at least three years' post-qualification experience and a proven track record in handling conveyancing transactions and family law cases 7 Have specialist knowledge of Conveyancing, Wills, Probate, Family and Matrimonial Law and Litigation
* Have strong technical knowledge, excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong client relationships.
* Have a commitment to delivering an excellent client service
* Have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
* Have experience with Legal Aid work and LAMS in particular
* The ability to administer a case from instruction to completion essential with a sound knowledge of Land Registry advantageous
* You will be required to work alongside two other Solicitors within the firm and adapt to sharing their caseloads as and when required without the need for constant direction.
Remuneration Salary will be negotiable and commensurate with experience and has the possibility of increasing if you are suited to a full-time role within the firm.
Please forward all CVs and applications to email@example.com or telephone 07740701737