QC Appointment Scheme 2019
QUEEN’S COUNSEL APPOINTMENTS 2019
Invitation to apply for Silk
1. The Queen’s Counsel Selection Panel is inviting applications for appointment as Queen’s Counsel in 2019 from suitably qualified advocates.
2. The Selection Panel will be chaired by The Lord Chief Justice
The other members of the panel will be:
• Mr Brian Fee QC
• Ms Eileen Ewing, Senior Vice President Law Society (NI)
• Mrs Felicity Huston BA (Hons), former Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
1. The Application pack contains the following seven (7) documents. These can be downloaded by clicking on each document link:
· A Guide for Applicants
· Application Form (with guidance and advice on completion)
· Privacy Notice -Applicants
· A Guide for Referees
· Referee Comment Form
· Privacy Notice- Referees
· An Equality Monitoring Form
2. Packs may also be obtained by e-mailing the Secretary to the Selection Panel, Audrey Fowler, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting an Application
Applications must be typewritten in the font size contained in the forms, and may be submitted to the Secretary:
· by e-mail to: email@example.com
· by post to: The Secretary, Queen’s Counsel Selection Panel, Royal Courts of Justice, Chichester Street, Belfast BT1 3JF
· in person at the Secretary’s Office located on the ground floor of the Royal Courts of Justice at the extreme rear of the building on the left-hand side.
Applicants are particularly requested to note that both completed applications and completed referee comments forms must be received by 5.00pm on Monday 20th May at the latest.
Applications received after that time cannot be considered.
1. The application fee is £4,800.00 (£4,000.00 plus VAT).
2. Payment must be by way of cheque made payable to Queen’s Counsel Appointments (NI).
For those submitting by post or in person, the cheque should be attached to the completed application form.
For those submitting by e-mail, the cheque must be lodged with the Secretary within one working day of such submission.
It is anticipated that the call of new Silks will take place in September /October 2019.
If you have any queries the Secretary to the Panel will be happy to assist. You can contact her on:
• 028 9031 0849 between the hours of 1.00pm and 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday (not Tuesdays) from Monday 29 April 2019 to Monday 20 May 2019, or by appointment.
• by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org