18 August 2020
Practitioners in the family proceedings & domestic proceedings court
1. FPC and DPC Remote Hearing Lists -
As part of Court Business recovery in relation to cases in the Family Proceedings Court and the Domestic Proceedings Court it has been agreed that the NICTS will furnish daily lists to the Society for notification to practitioners. These daily lists will give the ICOS Number and firm details for cases to be heard at different court venues on the corresponding day of the following week.
* FROM TODAY ONWARDS THE SOCIETY DOES NOT INTEND TO ISSUE AN E-NFORMER ON A DAILY BASIS WITH REGARD TO THESE LISTS .
* INSTEAD THEY WILL BE POSTED TO A DESIGNATED SECTION ON THE SOCIETY’S WEBSITE WHICH FAMILY PRACTITIONERS SHOULD REGULARLY CHECK.
* IT IS EXPECTED THAT THE LISTS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FROM THE NICTS FOR EACH COURT VENUE FROM 2.00PM ONWARDS EACH DAY FOR THE CORRESPONDING DAY IN THE NEXT WEEK.
The lists can be accessed from the Members’ Services link on the Members’ Section of the Society’s website please click here
These arrangements will be reviewed at the end of September when it is hoped that it will be possible to return to previous arrangements for the notification of the listing of cases.
Members will find attached Remote Hearing Lists as follows –
Monday 24th August 2020
Tuesday 25th August 2020
The Office of the Lord Chief Justice issued Guidance on 7 August regarding the recovery of Family and Domestic Proceedings Courts (Please click here to download). It should be noted that the courts will sit at the venues set out in the said guidance. Lists will be published daily for FPC courts sitting on the corresponding day of the following week.
Any questions about the contents of the attached lists should be directed to the relevant court office.
Please circulate these lists to colleagues who you know are involved in any of the cases listed.
For all FPC courts sitting during the week of the 24th August 2020 use the SightLinks below :-
* Craigavon/Newry/Lisburn - SightLink 22
* Laganside FPC & Domestic - SightLink 9
* Londonderry FPC & Domestic & Magherafelt Domestic - SightLink 14
* Newtownards FPC - SightLink 15
* Newtownards Domestic - SightLink 25
* Antrim - SightLink 17
* Dungannon/Omagh - SightLink 3
For details of the SightLink to be used for each court from the 1st September 2020 onwards, please go to the online court lists