The Law Society of Northern Ireland is delighted to announce that it will be hosting a half day medico - legal conference on Monday 17th November 2014 from 1.00pm - 5.00pm at Law Society House in Belfast.
The conference, entitled 'The Importance of Time', is sponsored by Randox Health and aims to provide legal practitioners, medical consultants and specialists and other interested parties with an examination of a number of interrelated issues including:
- Clinical Negligence Procedure
- Running a medico-legal case: can we shorten the long haul?
- Experts, medical literature and creditability - a doctor's guide
- When systems fail: the potential for corporate manslaughter and corporate negligence in time critical conditions
- Time critical conditions: does time define what can be considered reasonable medical behaviour and how does it drive health outcomes?
The Law Society hopes that this conference will provide a platform to:
- Discuss overarching themes and issues;
- Share knowledge of recent developments; and
- Network with peers and acknowledged experts from the medical and legal sectors.
Those attending will have an opportunity to hear from a series of medical and legal keynote speakers and to contribute to the event through panel discussions.
A light lunch and a wine reception, sponsored by Randox Health, will be provided for those attending.
Proceeds from this event will be donated to the Northern Ireland Hospice, the President's charity of the year.
I would encourage you to attend this important medico-legal conference on developing themes.
President Law Society of Northern Ireland