31 January 2019
Master McCorry provides seminar on Medical Negligence Cases
Over 80 solicitors attended the Case Management of Medical Negligence Cases & Essentials of Pre Action Protocol Letters seminar at Law Society House.
This session was delivered by Master McCorry and covered the issues encountered in case managing Medical Negligence cases.
The focus of the seminar was on the delays to the progression of cases and the potential solutions.
Master McCorry provided his Judicial guidance and expectations with practitioners in this area, giving an insight to assist better management and progression of cases going forward.
In addition to Master McCorry, five experienced Clinical Negligence Practitioners delivered a short focused talk on essential aspects of Pre Action Protocol Letters to include:
· Pre-Action Procedure – Mark Harvey, BSO
· Commencement of Proceedings – Paddy Mullarkey, O’Reilly Stewart Solicitors
· Progression of Proceedings – Roger McMillan, Carson McDowell Solicitors
· Trial – Marysia Kelly, JJ McNally Solicitors
· Costs and penalties – Joe Moore, O’Reilly Stewart Solicitors