Following on from the very successful pilot in 2014, this Client Care and Practice Management course is aimed at those people within a legal practice who are involved in the bookkeeping/finance function.
The session is designed to assist those attending to review and update their current knowledge and will also discuss the implications of the new Solicitor’s Accounts Regulations which came into effect on 1st June 2014. The session will be delivered by experienced professionals in this field – Brian Speers, Managing Partner, CMG Solicitors and Celine Corrigan, Director, Corrigan CA Limited, Chartered Accountants. Topics include:
- Client funds – what is client money, handling client money, recording receipts, transfer to and from deposit, transfer between client ledgers, accounting for interest, accounting for commission and other ancillary income, payments from the client account, managing residual balances, corrective action if mistakes occur;
- Office account – client to office transfers, managing office balances, Bills of costs and Vat;
- Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations – changes arising from new Solicitors Accounts regulations;
- Cheque handling and record keeping;
- E-banking and security from fraud.
To increase accessibility this course will run various times during 2015:
Wednesday 20 May 2015
Wednesday 23 September 2015
The session will assume a level of knowledge consistent with someone who has experience of this function. It will be interactive and practical in nature and therefore numbers will be capped at approximately 16 delegates.
Attendance at this seminar will fully cover the 2015 Client Care and Practice Management CPD requirement.