11 May 2023
Legal Bookkeeping Course
||11 May 2023
||09:30 - 13:00
||Law Society House, Belfast
||£100.00 per person
||3 General Group Study
This course is aimed at those people within a legal practice who are involved in bookkeeping/finance. The session is designed to assist those attending to review and update their current knowledge and will also discuss the implications of the current Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations which came into effect on 1st June 2014.
Topics to be covered include:
- Client funds – what is client money, handling client money, recording receipts, transfer to and from deposit, transfer between client ledgers, accounting for interest, accounting for commission and other ancillary income, payments from the client account, managing residual balances, corrective action if mistakes occur;
- Office account – client to office transfers, managing office balances, bills of costs and VAT;
- Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations – changes arising from the Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations;
- Cheque handling and record keeping;
- E-banking and security from fraud.
To increase accessibility the session will run twice:
Thursday 11 May 2023
Thursday 19 October 2023
The session will assume a level of knowledge consistent with someone who has experience of this function. It will be interactive and practical in nature and therefore numbers will be capped at approximately 16 delegates.