18 Sep 2018
Legal Bookkeeping Course - Session 3 - FULLY BOOKED
Book your place at this event now
||18 Sep 2018
||09:30 - 13:00
||Law Society House, 96 Victoria Street, Belfast
||£150.00 per person
||3 Client Care and Practice Management
Please note that this is the last Legal Bookkeeping Course this year. This Course will be added to the 2019 Programme.
DATE: Various – see below
TIME: 9.30am – 1pm
VENUE: Law Society House, Belfast
CPD HOURS: 3 Client Care and Practice Management
This course is aimed at those people within a legal practice who are involved in the bookkeeping/finance function. The session is designed to assist those attending to review and update their current knowledge and will also discuss the implications of the current Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations which came into effect on 1st June 2014. The session will be delivered by experienced professionals in this field – Brian Speers, Managing Partner, CMG Cunningham Dickey Solicitors and Celine Corrigan, Director, Corrigan CA Limited, Chartered Accountants. Topics to be covered include:
- Client funds – what is client money, handling client money, recording receipts, transfer to and from deposit, transfer between client ledgers, accounting for interest, accounting for commission and other ancillary income, payments from the client account, managing residual balances, corrective action if mistakes occur;
- Office account – client to office transfers, managing office balances, bills of costs and VAT;
- Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations – changes arising from the Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations;
- Cheque handling and record keeping;
- E-banking and security from fraud.
To increase accessibility this course will run three times during 2018:
Session 2 Tuesday 22 May 2018
Session 3 Tuesday 18 September 2018
The session will assume a level of knowledge consistent with someone who has experience of this function. It will be interactive and practical in nature and therefore numbers will be capped at approximately 16 delegates.
Attendance at this seminar will fully cover the 2018 Client Care and Practice Management CPD requirement. Any additional Client Care and Practice Management hours gained can be carried over into the General Group Study section.