10 May 2022
LAWCARE EXTENDS ONLINE CHAT SERVICE
Mental Health Awareness Week 9-15 May 2022
Legal mental health charity LawCare has extended its online chat service for legal professionals from one to four days a week from today, Tuesday 10th May.
The charity, which offers free, confidential, emotional support to anyone working in the law, has been operating a helpline and peer support programme since 1997 and has supported over 10,000 people in the profession to date. It introduced online chat in July 2019 and has been running the service every Wednesday. Online chat will now be available every week Tuesday-Friday 9am-5pm and will be staffed by 10 new specially trained volunteers all of whom work in, or have worked in, the law as well as the LawCare staff team.
Elizabeth Rimmer, Chief Executive of LawCare, said: “We recognise that many people can’t or won’t pick up the phone to call us for a variety of reasons so we wanted to make it easier for people to reach out and get help with whatever is concerning them. We are keen to support anyone going through a tough time, even if they just need to let off steam or talk through a situation, we’re here anytime they need to talk. We don’t ask for roll numbers or details of workplace and people don’t have to give their name.”
Anyone working in the law including support staff can contact LawCare for free, confidential, emotional support. Online chat is available at www.lawcare.org.uk . You can also call 0800 279 6888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . The charity also has a team of peer supporters , people who work in, or have worked in, the legal profession who may have been through difficult times themselves and can offer one-to-one support, friendship and mentoring over 2/3 telephone calls to those who need it.
For all media enquiries contact Gemma Matthews, Communications Manager on email@example.com or 0208 777 2176 /07813 949633
NOTES TO EDITORS
· LawCare is the mental wellbeing charity for the legal profession. We offer free, confidential, emotional support, peer support, and resources to those working in the law in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. We promote mental health and wellbeing best practice in legal workplaces and drive culture change in education, training and practice.
· We’ve been supporting legal professionals for over 25 years and we understand life in the law.
· We are here to help all branches of the legal profession: solicitors, barristers, judges, Chartered Legal Executives, paralegals, trademark attorneys, patent attorneys, costs lawyers, notaries, licensed conveyancers, support staff and concerned family members.
· Our support spans the legal life from student to retirement.
· If you need support contact our helpline on 0800 279 6888, email firstname.lastname@example.org or access online chat and other resources at www.lawcare.org.uk