06 Sep 2023
Law Society Financial Advice Series 2023 – Estate Planning using trusts and other mitigation strategies
||06 Sep 2023
||13:00 - 14:00
||Law Society House, Belfast
||£35.00 per person
||1 General Group Study
The Law Society of Northern Ireland, in conjunction with Law Society (NI) Financial Advice Ltd, is once again delivering a comprehensive series of CPD sessions which will be of benefit to practitioners.
session will cover:
· Annual Allowances and exemptions;
· Use of Trusts such as Discounted Gift Trust or Gift & Loan Trust to reduce or cap IHT liability;
· Legacy Trusts for those with no immediate family beneficiaries;
· Use of strategies such as IPDI Trusts to protect beneficiaries from previous marriages;
· Use of Discretionary Will Trusts to utilise unused Nil Rate Band for remarrying widows/widowers. Increases to the NRB for a couple to more than the current £650,000 limit;
· Business Property Relief;
· Agricultural Property Relief.