27 July 2020
FPC Administrative Review Lists w/c 17 August 2020
The following information, which relates particularly to Ards FPC and Lisburn FPC for cases listed for review in week commencing 17th August 2020.
Lisburn FPC List wc 17 August 2020
Newtownards FPC List wc 17 August 2020
FORM FCI1 - Family Business Continuity Covid-19 V5.0 Issued 5.6.20
Colleagues are advised to REGULARLY monitor the Coronavirus section of the website of Judiciary NI - https://judiciaryni.uk/coronavirus-covid-19 and the Society's e-Newsletter - E-nformer.
- Please check all court lists attached and identify cases that you are involved in.
- Notify opposition representatives and circulate lists to colleagues.
- Complete the attached Form FCI1 with your opposition and lodge one form per case by 7th August 2020
- Forms must also be completed setting out the reasons where the parties seek an adjournment.
- Only one form per case must be lodged which must be completed collaboratively with the opposition representative/s.
- Issues should be narrowed and electronic copies of documents referred to in the FCI1 form attached.
- The subject line for the email should be ‘FPC review’.
- During the week of the 10th August, the judge will review all forms and determine the next steps. Please refer to ICOS for directions and hearings will be notified directly.
- The completed form for each case must be lodged in the relevant court office by 7th August 2020.
Guidance issued by the Office of the Lord Chief Justice on 12th and 22nd May set out plans for administrative reviews of Family Proceedings Courts (FPC).
Separate, more detailed guidance, should be consulted for Family Proceedings (all tiers) and for Family Proceedings Centre (FPC) Pilot : Ards & Lisburn - these are reviewed and updated regularly.
Representatives should identify their cases from the attached list, and collaboratively complete and lodge Form FCI1 by email to the relevant court office by 7th August 2020. It is essential that the forms are completed as comprehensively as possible on the most up to date version of the FCI1 Form (attached) to narrow the issues to be determined by the judge. Email addresses for court offices can be found in Annex A. The subject line of your email should state ‘FPC Review’.
During week commencing 17th August 2020, the judge will review all cases listed, considering the forms received, together with any relevant documents lodged, and determine whether each matter can be dealt with administratively or will require a hearing. Where the judge determines a review hearing is required the parties will be notified of the arrangements. Practitioners should note that the judge may also make orders/ directions in cases even where no forms have been lodged, and Orders / Directions will be available via ICOS as normal.
Any queries regarding the administrative reviews should be directed to the relevant court office.