Members and the public should be on high alert following reports that scammers have issued an email purporting to come from the Law Society which contains an attachment with a Trojan virus.
Reports indicate that the fake email address is:
1. The Law Society of Northern Ireland does not have an firstname.lastname@example.org email account that is a scammer trying to get you to believe their email is legitimate!
2. There is no member of staff at the Law Society of Northern Ireland called Charlotte Jasper or Sherry Doubleday.
3. The attachment in the form of a Zip File is a Trojan Virus it should be deleted immediately.
4. Do not forward them to colleagues simply take a screen capture and alert your IT Department.
5. Always ensure that your IT Department checks your systems on a regular basis for Trojan viruses.
If in doubt contact the Law Society immediately via telephone : 028 90231614