11 June 2012
Everything You Wanted to Know About Social Media – But Were Afraid to Ask
- UPDATE ON SEMINAR - Leading Social Media expert,Tim McKane confirmed to speak at the seminar
- Date: 12th Jun at 12:30
- Location: Law Society House, Belfast
- Cost : 45
- Contact: CPD team - 028 90231614
In the current market place, as businesses start to investigate how to find new ways of attracting clients, it is becoming more important that they are able to communicate in a variety of ways, including online - through websites and social media avenues. In this new market place it is clear that many clients, when looking for services and products, initially logn and search the web to find those services. Irrespective of the size of your practice, it may be advantageous that you have a presence online in the social media networks and that your potential clients are easily able to find you there.
This seminar will provide:
- An overview of the benefits of developing an online and social
media presence that allows you to engage in these new business
- A practical 'How To' guide to joining social media networks, which websites and networks to join, the advantages and disadvantages of each website and how to use them;
- An overview of the Law Society of England and Wales Practice Direction on Social Media.
The seminar will be delivered by the Society's Communications Officer, Paul O'Connor and Tim McKane the Chief Executive of Navajo Social
Tim is one of Ireland's leading marketing figures, with over twenty five years in advertising, developing communications strategies, writing award winning television, radio and press advertisements, growing his previous business from a £60,000 advertising turnover to over £7 million. He has worked for NITB, Tesco, Peugeot, Tayto, Belfast City Council, Lifestyle Sports, Ulster Bank and many more of Ireland's
leading companies. He was awarded membership of D&AD, the UK's highest advertising awards collegiate for his work on the NIO
Confidential Telephone campaign. Tim set up Navajo Talk in 2009, as he recognised the opportunities for companies and brands to use the digital space and social networks for measurable and effective marketing communications. He is a member of the IOD NI Committee, Board
Member of NI Screen, Past Chair of the IPA NI Forum and Past Chair of PANI.
- COST: £45
- CPD HOURS & TYPE: 2 Client Care and Practice Management
- TIME: 12.30pm - 2.30pm
Lunch and registration at 12.15pm
If you would like to book for this course please e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.