17 Nov 2017
Elder Law Conference: Capacity Law: Issues For Medico-Legal Professionals
TIME: 1PM 4PM LUNCH & REGISTRATION FROM 12:30PM
COST: £50 WITH ALL PROCEEDS BEING DONATED TO AGE NI
Both Medical and Legal professions need to have a greater joint awareness of the difficulties which we each face in dealing with capacity issues – something as we all know will have greater prevalence in the years to come.
The Law Society of Northern Ireland is hosting a multi-disciplinary Elder Law Conference on Capacity Law and Issues for Medico-Legal Professionals.
- Welcome Ian Huddleston, President, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Challenges of acting for Clients Linda Johnston, Elder Law Solicitor and with Capacity Issues founding member of the Elder Law Group in Northern Ireland
- Policy Issues from the BMA Perspective Dr Julian Sheather (PhD), Specialist adviser, Ethics and human rights Policy Directorate, BMA
- Capacity Issues Overview Dr Barbara English, Consultant Psychiatrist,
- Panel Discussion Including all conference speakers & Eddie Lynch, Commissioner for Older People