06 Sep 2016
Book your place at this event now
||06 Sep 2016
||17:00 - 19:00
|| Law Society House, Belfast
||£180.00 per person
||8 General Group Study / Compulsory Conveyancing
The Society is committed to ensuring that there is up to date and relevant CPD available for all solicitors involved in conveyancing
This course, taking place over a 4 week period, will look at the domestic conveyancing process from start to finish:
- The Commencement: estimates of costs, taking initial instructions, terms of business, pre-contract enquiries, searches, property certificates, planning and building control issues.
- The Contract: the Conditions of Sale, drafting contracts, special conditions, selling and buying, advising your client, apartments, deposits, fixtures and fittings.
- Completion: drafting deeds, mortgage instructions, reports on title, CML requirements, completion letters and undertakings.
- Post Completion: SDLT requirements, CFR, the Land Registry, Registry of Deeds, ground rents, accounting to the client, bills of costs, sending deeds.
- The course is aimed at those solicitors who have limited practical conveyancing experience as well as those solicitors who have conveyancing experience but would like a refresher of the basics.
The course will run over 4 consecutive weeks.
Numbers will be limited to approximately 30 on each course. To accommodate as many people as possible the course will run three times during the 2016 year.